Marine Resources Council’s Green Business Program
MRC’s Green Business Program aims to help local businesses identify, adopt, and maintain money saving, sustainable practices in an effort to protect the Indian River Lagoon.
Join The Program
Local businesses join the program by completing a Green Business Pledge. The pledge focuses on sustainable practices in:
- Solid Waste Disposal and Reduction
- Building/Office Space Activities
- Energy Usage
- Water Conservation
- Restaurant Operations
- Lawn Care Procedures
Through changing common practices to simple, sustainable ones, your business can save money, improve public relations, and help restore the Lagoon!
Click to view our current Green Business Partners.
Take the pledge now:
More About the Pledge
The pledge contains over 100 ways for businesses to become more sustainable. By clicking the link to the pledge, you will be directed to a form to make a $50 tax-deductible donation to the Marine Resources Council Green Business Program. Your donation will help create materials and practices necessary to build and sustain the program. Once your donation is submitted, you will be redirected to complete the pledge.
The pledge takes about 30 minutes to complete. You can choose to focus on the parts of the pledge that are most relevant to your business (e.g. energy usage, water conservation, etc.). Once we receive your pledge and donation, a Green Business coordinator will contact you. We will then help you achieve your sustainability goals!
Benefits of the Program
- Personal consulting to assist in implementing sustainable practices
- Access to resources and links to aid your business and customers in becoming more sustainable
- Reduced utility costs
- Better public relations through demonstrating you care about the Lagoon
- Decline in waste disposal
- Improved equipment performance
- Green Business stickers and a certificate to display in your place of business
- Advertisement from MRC in the form of social media posts, newsletter spotlights, and website appearances